Saturday, July 3, 2010

PAGEANT DIRECTORS...PAY UP!


Why is it so hard for some Pageant Directors to pay?


I had a problem 2 months ago with some Pageant Directors who needed crowns for their pageants coming up THAT weekend and needed me to get them out right then. Well, being as trusting as I was (because they had ordered from me before), I went ahead and sent them their crowns before I recieved payment. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!! One claimed that she would send me a money order in the mail (which she did last time) and the other that her paypal account had been comprimized and she would send as soon as she got it straightened out.


Needless to say, that the money never got there. Finally after a month and posting on Facebook the story...I finally got payment on the first one. The second one however, I still have NOT recieved payment because of a LONG list of personal problems. She has promised to get it out 2 weeks ago and I still HAVE NOT recieved it!


Never mind them for a moment....I have had numerous Pageant Directors that want crowns but they have to wait until enough people submit their entry fee into paypal before they can pay for the crowns. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS! Why not keep enough $$$ in your paypal account (from your last pageant) to cover nessesarry items upfront like crowns, sashes, trophies. These things you have to order ahead of time to meet your pageant. Use a credit card if you have to and order these items and then when the pageant is over and all fees are collected.......PAY IT OFF!


I have another Pageant Director right now that was sending me payments as her pageant fees came in. I went ahead and sent her crowns and she has a balance of $35 left that I have sent her several reminders OVER AND OVER again, but guess what? She HAS NOT paid it.


Pageants are a business and like any business you have to plan ahead and prepare and pay your bills on time. In my opinion, the quickest way to ruin your pageant name and your name as a Director, is to have a reputation of not paying for the crowns on the heads of the girls that attended your pageants.


Well I have learned my lesson and if you want the crowns, you are going to have to figure a way to pay for ALL of them UP FRONT! SHAME ON YOU PAGEANT DIRECTORS!


THINK ! PLAN! PREPARE! PAY YOUR DEBTS!

1 comment:

The Glitzy Crown said...

Dont get me wrong....I have some wonderful customers who have ALWAYS paid on time and I am very thankful for them.

This post is for the ones who DO NOT.