Saturday, March 13, 2010

BASHING


What is up with all this bashing going on? I have heard from several different pageant directors AND pageant moms of terrible bashing. I have actually read a lot of it myself on different pageant forum boards, facebook...just to name a few.


Look people, just because your daughter has always won before and happens to lose to a newcomer, doesn't mean that it is OK to bash the innocent child because of it! Or the pageant system's director for that matter.


I just have a hard time with pageant moms who just cant accept losing. And what kind of example are you setting for your daughters? And for you to let your daughters bash their fellow contestants, is just horrible!


Pageants are a fun and exciting sport to be in. Please show "sportsmanship" as you should in any sport! And remember mom's.....it's GREAT to win,but the most important thing is to let your (children) have fun!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that i reed this today.. my daughter is only 15 months old and holds 4 huge titles.. 3 being supreme and 1 being toddler miss ga. state.. there are 2 moms that we compete with that are always making me feel out of place and whisper whisper when we are around.. i hate this.. we are just doing them for i cant help my baby does so well! this comment you wrote makes me feel so much better!! thanks a lot!!

The Glitzy Crown said...

Well, I'm so glad you feel better! Just remember...pageants are for FUN and "some" Mom's need to be reminded of that!

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank you so much for this wonderful pageant site. I am not what most people call a "pageant mom". I enter contests that are trustworthy with good moral characters. Thank you for making my little girl feels so special!

Unknown said...

You are so very welcome! The pageant world needs more "moms" like us! LOL

julie said...

I think some people dont even get what a pageant is about. My daughter didnt start pageants until 8th grade.She did well but people would make a commits to me when they learned she was doing one,"oh she'll win she so pretty". I would always thank them but also let them know that it was not about outside beauty alone. Its so much more. Its about inside beauty as well as grace and posse. I try to tech my kids that its not if you win or loss but how you play the game. I have seen parents at some of these pageants take the fun out of it,and they have created little monsters. I alway told mind if you cant be happy for who ever the winners maybe we will stop doing them. Its about building self-confidance not shooting anyone down. Are kids are what we teach them, teach them to be happy with who ever may win and to have fun. Teach them that if they dont win its ok, to try again and maybe to pratice more. Work for what you want and to alway do the best they can. adults

The Glitzy Crown said...

You are right Julie. I always tell my daughter, it doesnt matter if you win or lose...it's about having fun! If you win that's fantastic! If you lose and had fun, then THAT is what matters!!!!