Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dress Color...Does it really matter?????


Ask someone what color dress does best and gets more wins at pageants, and you will get all kinds of answers. Lots of people seem to think that WHITE is best. Yes you will see tons of white dresses at pageants,however I think that with the sheer number of girls entered wearing white dresses ,that someone is bound to win wearing white!


Over the last couple of years, I have noticed that alot of girls seem to choose the Fluorescent Orange color. I love it on girls with dark skin and dark hair.


I was looking through my Facebook friends and came across a recent pageant,and one age division (7-9 years I believe) had 7 contestants and ALL of them had on BLUE dresses. All different styles and shades of blue...but blue!


I personally think that the color dress you wear should compliment the contestant...Meaning choosing the color that looks best with your hair and skin color. I have noticed that Redheads seem to choose blues, greens and lavenders most often, however I saw a redhead in a bright red dress with lots of crystals on it and looked awesome!


Blonde's usually choose whites, pinks, and some lighter blues. Brown Brunettes usually choose whites,corals,blacks and Dark Brown/Black Brunette's usually go with whites,reds and royal blues.


If you are not sure what color looks the best on you, go to a fabric store and drape the color fabric around your shoulders...if the color fabric is the only thing that stands out then that is NOT your color. If your face really POPS in a certain color then you know that is the color for you. I tried this with my daughter and it works great!!!


I think that the "person" inside the dress is what matters and how she acts on stage and off stage is really what shines through and ultimately is what wins no matter what color of dress she has on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ATLANTA PAGEANT
WWW.ATLPAGEANTS.COM

EboniC said...

I am trying to enter my daughter into her first pageant but I have no idea where to start. Where do you find the listings for the pageants? I heard one mom on TLC's Toddlers and Tiaras that she took her daughters to pageants every weekend.

The Glitzy Crown said...

It depends on what state you live in. We have several good resource pages here in Georgia to refer to. What state are you located in? Alot of pageant boards (voy.com) can be useful. And honestly Facebook is a good resource and if you go to one pageant, they usually will have advertizments for other pageants coming up from other directors.