Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Glitz or Natural



My daughter has been to several Natural Pageants over the years and just last year she tried Glitz. Well, a monster we created. She loves Glitz and we will be doing several this coming year.

I asked her which she preferred doing and she said Glitz. I asked her why did she like doing Glitz more than Natural pageants and the answer was obvious. She told me she liked Glitz better because they were more FUN!

I can see why. The music is better, louder and the stages are much more elaborately decorated. More lighting, and the feel of being a real "STAR" when your on the stage. Not to mention the Glitzy dresses and getting to have your hair and make-up professionally done, and all the special outfits you get to wear and be "sassy". And most of the time the pageants are a full weekend and not just a day...So what little girl wouldn't want to feel like a movie star for a whole weekend?

Even though it cost alot more and very stressful on us Mom's, I like it just as much as she does. So I'm getting my pageant calendar ready for the new year and trying to decide which ones we will be attending.



We still have a few Natural pageants we will be doing also. Those are very rewarding when you get to use your titles for something good and give back to community. We just attended and event where all the girls wore their sashes and crowns and brought toys in to be donated to Toys for Tots and local needy families for Christmas.

Bottom line is we do BOTH. How about you?






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want to be a STEP above the rest? How about custom, one of a kind Swarovski covered shoes?! They're sure to complete your glitz look. E-mail me @ ACearley09@aol.com or check me out on Facebook to see my one of a kind wedding shoes covered in 9000 Swarovski crystals!
Amanda Leigh Cearley Marek

Anonymous said...

Hi do you live near washigtons my mom wants to enter me and my little sister and my other sister in pageants because she wants us to try it out but she wants natural or glitz for my little sister and both the other sisters too plz . There's not really a lot in Washington bit we want some near Washington.

Anonymous said...

Hi thinking about doing pagements but they look stressful and expensive and I wanna do natural I don't know about glitz I live in Minnesota HELP please reply thanks

Sara Steele said...

Hello Pageant Parents! Please visit my Photo Editing website! I would love to work with you. :) First photo is free! Send a photo and description of what you would like done and when you would like it done by. :))))

http://ambriansglamourelements.webs.com/

Sara Steele
Ambrian's GlamOur Elements

Kanitra Williams said...

Super excited to announce that Toddler's&Tiaras star Eden Woods will be making a guest appearance to our February 8th pageant in Oceanside, California! Spots are limited sign up today at www.hotcouturepageantry.webs.com or email kanitra75@yahoo.com