Sunday, August 21, 2011

Why do the popular girls win?




Does it seem like ALL the popular girls win ALL the time? Why do the same girls seem to win the big titles all the time?


I am not sure if it is because they are THAT much greater than the others or just more popular. I notice that once you win a title, especially a big State or National level title, that your face is appearing on all the ad banners, voy boards,websites,Facebook, pageant paperwork, etc. I think their faces and names get branded in ALL of our heads and surely trickle into the heads of judges everywhere. I mean if you are in the pageant business in any capacity I am sure you have heard of at least some of these girls.



I think it would be nice to see some rookie come out of nowhere and blow everyone away! Put everyone back on the same playing field.


I don't think that it is any ONES fault. I don't think necessarily any ONE is to blame. I just think it is because we are used to seeing these winners and expect them to win. BUT it would be nice to see someone different sometime!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are popular because they always win....they just have that extra spark. I doubt that judges would always be bias towards eden wood or taralyn eschberge or any of the other big names in pageants.

America's Touch Of Class said...

Contestants competing for the first time need to express themselves on stage so they will feel comfortable in what they are doing. As time goes by they will learn to have confidence in their performances and know in their own hearts that they are doing the best they can and how to improve each time. You learn on stage from one experience to the next and that can not be taken away from them. I would suggest that each contestant perfect their self before competing by watching shows and how the ones that win present themselves to the judges. They should enter each stage performance with alot of true charm and not fake ones. It takes time to turn a diamond in the rough into a bright shining star or sometimes not. Patience is what we all need.

Anonymous said...

Try to be as prepared and comfortable as you can be - it will show through.

Be comfortable in your own skin, your own performance and your own gown: http://www.missesdressy.om

Anonymous said...

Newcomer to pageants here!! My name is Kendall. Since I was six years old I have been doing modeling camp. A week were girls model and show poise. I have really picked up on it and I model all the time now. I've never done glitz pageants but I a hoping too. I am now 14 years old and I have a simple question. How often do teenagers get crowns in these pageants? Thanks (: